Name:
Location: Winnemucca, Nevada, United States

I love all animals! Summer and sunshine make me happy! I want to save the world!

Monday, September 24, 2007

Before This Life

I did something, I know ...
Ungrateful, at least
I did something before
To offend such a beast

Long before today,
Decades before tomorrow,
I did something, I know ...
To bring on this sorrow.

Terrible it was,
Horrid, I'm sure.
Afflicted, this heart,
And, certainly no cure.

Still, I can't see
What I left behind
I can't see the last century
And, my unfaithful mind

Because something I know
When I know nothing at all
There is no rational reason
For desire to call

But who gave it reason
Who says there's a why?
When lips work to smile
While heart yearns to cry?

A leper of love
Hated and black
Masking with wonder
A hiddeous crack.

Wider than Heaven,
Hollow ... and pretend
I was there before
And, I'll be there again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home